Something you're looking for?

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Flood

So I live in Queensland and a couple of weeks ago we were all going to die in flood waters. Fortunately not too many people died in flood waters and it didn't get quite as bad as it was predicted in Brisbane. My work got flooded and I had a week off work with full pay so that was okay. And I had people at my house who either couldn't get home or had to leave their home for fear of flooding.

I went with the masses and gawked at the flooded Brisbane River on the Thursday that the waters reached their peak. Because I'm pale as a ghost I got burnt. For the record it was between 6 and 7am that I was out in the sun.

Recognising the fact that it was the worst floods since 1974 in Brisbane I decided to paint my nails in honour of the occasion. Tasteful? Perhaps not. But it did get a random Navy man to offer to kill someone for me in exchange for coffee. I didn't take him up on the free assassination offer but I did walk up the hill to get him coffee from the Mater hospital.


Apologies about the messed up thumb nail. It was perfect but this was about a week after I'd done it. I had got the middle finger of my other hand slammed in a door and the polish had cracked. I got out my Color Club - Take me to your Chateau to do a quick one colour fix before I went out in the morning and I smashed it allllll over the tiles. So now my favourite colour polish is smashed, and I spent 30 mins cleaning polish off the tiles using polish remover and my dwindling supply of cotton balls. 

I thought the feature nail being in the opposite direction of the other nails was something a bit different.

Colours used are (in order of lightest to darkest): Color Club- Take me to your Chateau,  Australis Nail colour - Blue Tiger mixed with Colour Club - Take me to your Chateau then just Australis - Blue Tiger, Nubar - Absolute, L.A. Girls Flare - Twinkling, China Glaze - Frostbite, China Glaze - Blue my mind, Nubar - Sapphire.

No comments:

Post a Comment