Something you're looking for?

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Completely dotty

So after I cut my nails off I was a bit stuck with what exactly I could do with them. Cause they're TINY now! (For me, anyway) They haven't been this tiny since November last year when I had to cut them off for hospital placement.

Eventually I remembered that I had wanted to do a polka dot look, but I couldn't do what I originally had wanted with nails this short. So I thought "Hm, why not just do lots of dots?". The result was something that someone's mum said was "aboriginal art" but I thought just looked cool.



Now for the big question: What did I use? Base colour is Color Club - Fashion Addict. Going from the bright green (that you can barely see on the edges of the nail) China Glaze - Paper Chasing, China Glaze - Frostbite, China Glaze - Hey Sailor, China Glaze - Purple Panic (Neon), China Glaze - Solar Power (that's the yellow, so you can tell where we are in the progression), Revlon -  Tidal Wave and Essie - Limited Addiction.

How did I do it? With a dotting tool that I got for super cheap from Crown brushes. (I also have one somewhere that I got from ebay for super cheap) Then all you need is a bit of patience. I placed the colours out in the order that I needed them, about one drop per colour, then I dipped the dotting tool in it and dotted it on my nails. Keeping the lines straight is the biggest challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment