Something you're looking for?

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Checkered Torture

Ahh the horror! The pain! Well perhaps not pain. It was annoying though! I asked my mum "How should I do my nails this week?" and she says "What about white and purple squares?"
So I think about it and I look at my collection of polish and I realise that my favourite purple is just about dead. So I think about colours that I haven't done together in a while. Blue and orange! Perfect! Blue and orange and white squares in all different sizes. It'll be all pseudo modern.

Then it comes time to do them.


The Revlon white polish I use is awful, I've said this before. It took me four coats until I was happy with how opaque it was. Then I get out my orange and blue polish. The orange I was going to use is no where near opaque enough to use so I chose another and just used the polish brush to do dots of nearly rectangles and squares on my nails. It's a bit hard to judge exactly how many will look good and what will look like overkill at this stage. Then I do the blue. All good. Then it comes time to do the black. The brush I was using had a hair that kept poking out at weird times. And because it's summer, and the heat is evil, the fans were on and it kept drying out the polish I'd put out to dip my brush in. Then I started to get hand tremors (I get them randomly). Then my nose starts running (in the middle of summer? WHY?!). Then my back starts to play up and I'm in enough pain that I can't sit upright properly. Then I crack it and yell at everyone, turn the fans off and do the rest of my nails with the fans off, hot, dripping sweat everywhere, hunched over like an old woman with a runny nose, shaking hands and talking to myself.

Fun.

The colours used are: TERRIBLE Revlon white (why don't I buy another white? I've had this for more than 5 years. Who keeps nail polish that long?), Revlon - (limited edition) Orange Flame, China Glaze - Frostbite and American Apparel - Hassid (again, the best black in the history of plain black polishes).

No comments:

Post a Comment