Something you're looking for?

Sunday, December 12, 2010

First Post! How exciting!!

Hello!! I'm Ana. I'm a university student who is doing a degree that bares no relation to make-up or nail or beauty in any way, but I'm obsessed with it!

To start I think I will cover my staples. Firstly I'm devoted to Clinique for skin care even though it's more than double the price in Australia compared to the US. I use the Foaming Facial Cleanser and the 7 Day Scrub Cream as basics for skin care. I also use the Type 2 Toner (the purple bottle). Moisturiser is whatever I decide to grab because I have way to much left over from 'gift's with purchase'. When I do use a favourite I use Clinique Gel Moisturiser, because I find the regular one makes my skin too oily.

I used to use Nivea before I moved to Clinique. The mattifying moisturiser is great to use if you go to school and can't wear make-up.

I'm currently trying to find somewhere that sells facial primer in Australia (I've only found the Australis one so far), but I buy Too Faced Shadow Insurance on ebay. I highly recommend this if you have problems with eye shadow wearing/fading and colour not being vibrant enough. 

I have stupidly pale skin (most of the 'ivory' colours are too dark on my skin) so foundation is always an effort. I currently use Revlon Colourstay in ivory, but I find that the colour can be a bit streaky and unpleasant sometimes. I've also found that setting it with a good translucent powder generally helps with that. I'm also currently trialling Ben Nye, MAC and Dior foundations. I'll let you know as I go how that works. 


For nails I used to religiously use Dr Lewinn Revitanail as my nails were really poor quality. They would peel off and crack all the time. So I used the Revitanail and at the end of two weeks my nails had already grown longer. I did find that Revitanail made my nails more yellow when I wore coloured nail polish over the top and it took forever and a day to dry. So now I do a Revitanail week about once every couple of months, and I use Nailtek the rest of the time. I use three different types of Nailtek (I know, I only had to use ONE type of Dr Lewinn) once a week when I do my manicure. I also adore Seche Vite top coat. 

Anything else you want to know about me? Just ask! 

No comments:

Post a Comment