Something you're looking for?

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Eyes

I went to a Human Nature concert recently, and thought I'd do a Christmas themed eyeshadow look for the hell of it.  I went with green, red and gold. The concert was amazingly good. So much so that I'm considering going to Vegas on my own just so I can see them again (also so I can catch the Cirque du Soleil shows).

These pictures were taken after the concert. Look at the amazing staying power of my makeup!









For this I used a Too Faced Shadow Insurance to prime the lid. Then I used a gold eyeliner at the corner to help intensify the colour, and a white kohl pencil for the rest of the lid. I then used gold eye shadow, Midori by Sugarpill Cosmetics (green) and a MAC burgundy colour for the crease. Over the burgundy colour I then used a black eyeshadow just in the crease, then I blended that out using Love+ by Sugarpill Cosmetics (a really vibrant red) to intensify the red. Over the Midori on the lid I used a moss coloured eyeshadow to blend the gold and green together a bit better. Then I sparkled it all up by using Sugarpill Cosmetics loose eyeshadows in Goldilux (gold), Tipsy (green) and Magentric (a magenta/pink). The sparkle doesn't show up in the picture because I couldn't get the picture very bright. I blended out the very edges using a light pink eyeshadow, and then used gel eyeliner and fake eyelashes. 

The fake eyelashes look super long in the box then I put them on and they're a teeny bit longer than my natural lash. Very annoying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment